Gross energy, identified as Vaastu (sthoola) and subtle energy as Vaastu (Sookshma) very clearly highlight the importance of both physical and metaphysical aspects of construction.
A high degree of precision is used in measurements, the smallest unit being the Paramanu or the atom. The Angula and the Hasta are the standard units of measurements for buildings and Idols. Ayadi Shadvarga or Six-Force formulae should be used to orient the building properly and arrive at the correct dimensions. The compatibility of the nakshatra of the building to the nakshatra of the owner or resident of the property is of prime importance. Muhurtha at four stages of construction play an important part in giving the residents of a building peace and prosperity.
Here are a few simple principles that can be easily adapted for promoting peace and prosperity in one's habilitation:
It is recommended that one performs a Bhumi Pooja (worshipping the earth) before starting the house construction. This is considered an auspicious beginning and heralds a good start to the proceedings.
2. House entrance
East is the most auspicious direction for the entrance of a home. This is because the sun rises in the east and is said to bring in positive energy and light into the household. The other acceptable direction that the house entrance can face is towards the North East.
Balance the primary elements, that is, space, water, earth, fire and wind, of an
area with the assistance of a Vaastu Guru.
2. Always orient to the cardinal directions i.e. North, South, West or East.
3. Orientation can also be based on your astrological sign.
4. Never orient to the angular directions i.e. North-East, North-West, South-East or South-West.
5. Have a compound wall on all the four sides.
6. Create a depression all along the boundary wall within the site by creating a green belt or flower path.
7. Elevate the building to three feet above road level.
8. De-activate the Paisacha zone (of negative energies) by keeping the compound walls away from the main building.
9. Mahadwara or the main door lets in the Pranavayu or the primary energies into the terrestrial habitation. The dimensions of the door should be carefully selected for proper flow of these energies into the building.
10. Keep the center of your building free of depressions, pillars, columns and water.
11. The center or the northeast of an area is ideal for a Puja room.
12. Let your daughters occupy the North-West rooms.
13. Elders can sleep with their heads to the South and the youngsters to the East. Turn to the right as you get up from your bed.
14. Patients and sick members of your family can occupy the North-East rooms.
15. Masters of the house can occupy the South and South-West rooms
16. Avoid the lunar months of Jyesta, Ashada, Bhadrapada, Ashwiyuja, Margasira, Pushya and Phalguna while laying the foundation of a building or a layout.
17. Lay your bore or dig a well when the constellations Revathi, Uttarabhadra, Hasta, Anuradha, Makha, Sravana, Rohini and Pushyami are rising.
18. Activate finances by a proper placement of the primary element Udaka or water.
The masters of wisdom handed over Vaastu Shastra to us on a platter. As intelligent beings, we need to adapt these simple principles to the modern changed conditions of life and make use of them for our peace and prosperity.
3. Kitchen location
The South-East corner of the house is the most ideal one for the kitchen's location and cooking supposedly should be done while facing the East. However, please bear in mind that the kitchen should not be located directly in front of the main door of the house.
4. Master Bedroom
The Master Bedroom should be located at the South West corner of an East-facing home. From our perspective, if you follow (2) and (3), you will ensure that you can sleep soundly without having to let the aroma or the noise accompanying the cooking to wake you up. Square and rectangular shaped bedrooms are recommended, so that you can leave the avant-garde construction to the other sections of the house.
5. Toilet location
The toilet location is another vital aspect, both from the perspective of Vaastu as well as from a general health and aesthetics angle. Toilets are to be located in the North-West corner of the building or the North-West corner of the rooms. If this is not possible, South East toilets are allowed. It is also recommended (and sensible, in our opinion, we might add), that the toilets, kitchen and Pooja room in the house should not be adjacent to each other.
There are numerous other terms and conditions that one must apply to get the perfect Vaastu compliance in the house. But we're afraid that giving you all the information necessary and having you find a home that meets the parameters perfectly might add a couple of extra years to your house purchasing process.
Click here to contact now